With the addition of our new brewery and tap room being built in Grand Rapids Ohio, we have added some great new benefits to the Syndicate Membership for the upcoming year!
1) A tap room discount will be added to the membership benefits. Exact details for this are still being worked out with the tap room POS system. It will likely be a discount on every drink purchased and/or a club card that gives you discounts or free merchandise after collecting purchase points. This membership card will also keep track of your membership bottles and extras so that when you come in to collect, it will show what you are owed. This will help streamline the pickup process and give set times and days for our members to come and collect.
2) The price of the membership will remain at 150$ for new members! First time syndicate members will receive 8 exclusive bottles throughout the year. ALL ORIGINAL MEMBERS WHO SIGN UP FOR 2018 WILL STILL RECEIVE 10 BOTTLES. These two extra "secret" bottles will only ever be made available for our original syndicate members as an on going thank you for being the first to join with us.
3) Tap room events! I plan on having at least one members only tap room event a month. The tap room doors will be locked to the public. There will be special release beers held back to be released on these nights for you guys to try first. I hope to do some catering for these and also rare bottle shares. None of this will ever be advertised outside of the syndicate membership.
All of these new benefits will be applied to our original syndicate members. All original members can renew at anytime when the 2018 membership opens, until June 1st, 2018. Your renewal fee is only 75$.
Thanks for reading! If you are interested in joining the club please read the details here. If you a current member and have found this membership to be of value, please share the 2018 posts when you see them. i ask that you only share them with people you feel are knowledgeable and passionate craft beer enthusiast. All membership dues go right back into improving the brewery and making the best product possible and I hope to get our beers into the hands of the people who will appreciate them most.
I traveled to Sandusky Ohio and picked up (90 pounds!) freshly picked hops from Ohio Hops LLC for our soon to be released Barrel Aged & Wet Hopped Farmhouse Ale!!! Our take on the historic harvest ale was brewed with Ohio malt and fermented with a blend of wild captured Ohio yeast cultures and aged in barrels we procured from OHIO wineries!
This is our favorite time of year because it perfectly showcases the tight links in the chain of how craft beer is made. From farm to glass, it is never more evident than right now that none of this is possible without these great farmers continuous hard work and stewardship of the land. If you love craft beer go thank a farmer (Maybe by buying him/her a beer?!) because people like Ohio Hops LLC & Ohio Malting Company are invaluable and we would all be stuck with plain old water without them! #beerfarmer #ohiobeer #drinklocal #drinkwild
The first place you will be able to try our fresh hopped wild ale will be at the Black Swamp Arts Festival !!! This is their 25th year celebration and this festival is by far the best event of the year for art, music and food. You would be hard pressed to find another that rivals it in the entire country. We are very proud to be pouring our beer at the "Art of Beer" tasting on Saturday the 9th from 12-6. Come out and have a drink with us!
Wild Side Brewing Company's first event in its home town will be at a favorite spot of mine. Reverends tap list has always been the best in town and I am proud to say that 4 Wild Side beers will be on the board!
1. (NEW RELEASE) Rum Barrel "Blood of Summer" ~ A golden wild ale fermented in rum barrels with the ever evolving house mixed culture. A varietal mix of raspberries were added to the barrel in copious amounts. 7.5% abv.
2. (NEW RELEASE) "All Around" ~ An American farmhouse ale aged in Ohio wine barrels and fermented with a blend of wild cultures. Mulberry, Montmorency cherry, blueberry and raspberry where blended in the barrel to give a rich and jam like quality to this wild ale. 7.5% abv.
3. "Native Star" ~ Blueberries on top of more blueberries, inside a Napa Valley wine barrel, with our house mixed culture blending together with a rich golden ale! This flag ship beer is always a crowd favorite and will be available in bottles soon! 7.5% abv.
4. "Left Hanging" ~ An American Farmhouse ale with pilsner and a touch of wheat malt, fermented in Ohio wine barrels with our house mixed culture. Finished off with a touch of lemon zest and Citra hops to bring out the essence and spirit of summer.
During the Breweries first ever tap event at Barrs Public House, I had the opportunity to sit down with Victoria Dugger from the Sentinel Tribune. The event was a lot of fun and I was humbled by the amount of people who showed up to support the brewery.
It is my pleasure to announce that we are currently labeling two beers that will be released to select craft beer establishments around the area in mid-May. These beers will first go to an online presale for our Wild Side Syndicate members a few days before they are released. If you want to assure you get our first release (as well as all the others) look into a Syndicate memberships which will be available until June 1st.
Beer Release #001
~ A golden ale (6.5%abv) aged in a American oak barrels with our home grown wild culture. Blueberries are added to this beer in copious amounts to give this Native American berry an in your face presentation and jammy mouth feel. This ale is best enjoyed the same way in which the ingredients were grown and gathered, outdoors and with friends.
Beer Release #002
Harvest Dawn (L'Aube De La Recolte)
~ This Biere de Miel (7%abv) was brewed with our friends at Four Fires Meadery! They brought us over some local raw wild flower honey that we added to the beer right before it was transferred to our coolship to be inoculated by the Ohio night air. After it finished fermenting in American Oak Barrels, we added 3lbs of apricots per gallon as well as cinnamon sticks and Madagascar vanilla beans. The natural yeast and bacteria in this collaboration created a nice light acidity that is balanced out by the malt character and nuanced mouth feel from the special additions. This beer was made with friends and is meant to be shared with the people you like to collaborate with the most.